Friday 22 March 2013

:)

Cousin got an offer from LSE :D

Happy for her but still quite jealous, hahaha. Oh well, she has always been better than me in more ways than one and she deserves it. I actually heard that her dad doesn't want her to go to LSE (lol?) because it doesn't have a proper campus. Well, my parents will definitely NOT do that if I was the one who got the offer.

Well, that reminds me. When I told my mum the news, she started going on about how my cousin is so good. Then I started to get bitter because all this while, my mum has always been using my cousin to pressure me to work harder and stuff, blah blah blah. Then, as I thought more about it, I actually realised that the idea of me getting into LSE wasn't actually mine, but my mum's. I didn't realise it, but I was actually working towards my mum's dreams for me and not mine. I was just attracted to the idea of living in London and not the university. No wonder I didn't feel much when I received news of the rejection. Guess it's time for me to stop living my parents dreams huh?

I'm currently trying to decide on which university to put as my firm choice on UCAS. Bath or Warwick? Honestly, I'm leaning more towards Bath but my dad clearly wants me to go to Warwick. But the thing is that the requirements for both universities are so similar that I'm scared if I choose both as my and insurance choice, I might end up not qualifying for both. Well, hopefully that will not happen but who knows?

2 papers down the road in trials and I didn't think that I did as well as I would've liked in both papers. Just means that I have more work to do. I'm looking forward to the 3 month break after A Levels. But I don't want to let go of college life so fast either. Time just flies way too fast. Sigh.

back to the books,
yijiun

No comments: