Monday 23 June 2014

Home At Last

I am finally back home. Currently still jetlagged but I've been enjoying my time back home so far. I finally get to eat food that I've missed when I was in the UK.

Managed to meet up with my high school friends last Saturday and we had tons of fun hanging out and also playing Mission Q. It was nice to talk in Mandarin for a change. I was scared that I'd forgotten how to.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how much I'm missing my life in the UK. The hot weather in Malaysia sure isn't helping. Not including the weather though, I really miss the freedom I had in the UK and how easy it was to get around. I could just walk or take a bus but here I have to get around in a car. Also, the people I've met in university. I was so touched when my flatmates phoned me while I was waiting for my flight. I had wanted to say goodbye to them but I didn't see them around when I was leaving so I just left. Then, they saw my Instagram post and called me. They were so sweet. Really hope that our plans for next year work out (The Walking Dead viewing parties!!).

At this point, I really can't wait to go back to the UK. It's become some sort of second home to me. If possible, I would really like to have a home in UK and one in Malaysia so I can enjoy my 2 favourite places in the world. Then again, I may change my mind in the future but I really loved my time in the UK so far.

No comments: