Sunday 8 June 2014

Week 35 to 37: End of First Year (Almost)

I have been so busy and stressed with exams that I haven't been updating my blog as often as I'd have liked to. Well, if I had, it would have been short ones about how stressed I was anyway. So I guess that's a good thing. Haha.

Anyway, exams are finally over. Some exams were pretty hard, some were okay but overall, it was fine. Hopefully. Results will be out around my birthday. Hope that it'll be good.

Big event. I played a gig at Kasbah with my band on Friday. It was pretty amazing. I enjoyed myself so much (thanks in part to free beer). The crowd was pretty receptive. Of course, it was also thanks to my awesome flatmates who were dancing around and cheering which was really nice of them. Also, a guy came up to me after the gig and said that I was awesome on stage. Really made my day.

This is the reason why I'm still pursuing music even though I know my family is against it. I do it because I love to see people react to the performance. It really motivates me when people like the performance and actually tell me they like it. There's something about a total stranger telling you that they liked what you did (it helps that they are good looking too - self-esteem boost haha). Of course, I've had my share of below par performances but it just drives me to become better at what I do.

It really is such a shame that my current band is disbanding after this. I feel like we have a really good thing going on here. The chemistry between us really has been amazing. I guess nothing lasts forever. It really has been an amazing experience in university. Meeting these amazing people and playing music. I've learn't so much.

Aim for next academic year is to form a new band with me fronting it, hopefully. I've played keys for the past year and I think I can front a band. I think.

Next week's post is going to be a proper reflection on my first year in university and my first time living away from home. The past 8 months have been good to me. It really has.

Signing off,
YiJiun

No comments: