Sunday 25 August 2013

Don't Look Back In Anger

Ever since I started my internship, I have been going to work with my brother. He will drive to the LRT station and we will take the LRT. Every morning, we go through the same thing. Jam. Bad drivers. The normal stuff you see in Malaysia. My brother drives every time because he cannot imagine me handling his precious car although I have driven his car many times.

Now, you would think that having to drive the same route for a couple of years, he would be used to the weirdo/crazy/reckless drivers on the road. But clearly, he isn't. Every single morning on a working day, if something happens, like a car just zipping into our lane, out comes a barrage of curses on how lousy and inconsiderate that driver is. Please understand that my brother isn't the most careful of drivers and he can be a hypocrite sometimes. So I don't really understand why he gets so worked up when he does the same thing too. That isn't my point though. I don't get why he would get so angry over such things. He can't change things. It's not like he can just flag down that driver and give a lesson on "Driving 101" (not that he's the perfect person to be giving that talk).

Getting angry is not something I'm used to being nowadays. I have no idea how or when this change happened to me but it's now hard to get me angry about things. It's like one day I woke up and decided, "Hey, it ain't worth shit getting angry over everything." Believe it or not, I was once very short tempered. I blew up at the smallest things. But I'm different now. I actually find it hard to get angry and even when I do, it lasts like 2 minutes and then I'm perfectly okay.

It seems like my level of tolerance has went up like a million percent. In any case, I feel better. There's no more of that bitterness that comes out of being angry. I can live my life with less unnecessary stress. Where I got this optimistic outlook, I have no idea but if it makes life easier for me, why not? Cheers.

My favourite Oasis song of all time.

No comments: