Friday 6 September 2013

mixed feelings.

My penultimate working week of my internship has passed with mixed feelings. I hated the first 2 days, didn't mind the next 2 and would have preferred to have done without the last. The first 2 days I hated because I had to do my most dreaded thing, contacting another 70 branches. The next 2 were filled with spontaneous meetings and also some people finally took over my job of contacting the branches. Today was just.....nothing. I basically had nothing to do today but I had fun chatting with the Malay ladies sitting around me.

The weekend will be full of me packing and buying stuff for when I go to the UK. It will also be full of me trying to do everything I want to do before I go to the UK. I'm sure I will miss home when I get there. Sigh.

Next week will be the last week of my internship and also a week of farewells. The trio of farewells will start on Monday when my colleagues will do a small farewell lunch for me and also a welcome lunch for a new colleague. Then skip to Friday and it will be the farewell with all my friends from Seafield. The final one will be with my college classmates.

Mixed feelings this week. Mixed feelings for next week. I don't know how to feel already. I'm excited but scared. Anticipating but fearing. Wanting but not wanting at the same time. It doesn't make sense.

Signing off,
YiJiun

No comments: