Saturday 7 September 2013

Why I Write

I like writing. There are 3 things in my life that I love to do most: play music, write music and write stuff (like this post). 2 of those are writing.

Back in secondary school, I loved writing Chinese essays, no matter for homework or for an exam. I loved it because there was always a question that gave me the freedom to use my creativity and not be restrained by a rigid topic like "How to encourage recycling?" like in the BM ones. English essays also had some flexibility in that aspect but a lot of times, I wasn't inspired to write anything awesome.

I remember writing an essay about my grandfather who passed away, writing unusual ways of interpreting an idiom, stuff like that. Coming up with the unexpected and getting rewarded for it was fun. But I never did it to be rewarded, I just liked writing.

I write because it gives me the chance to put my feelings out in the open like this blog post or in my songs. I can write about anything I want to and not be afraid of people zoning out on me like when I'm talking to them. And also, I write better than I talk. So, go figure. Haha.

I write when I feel inspired. I write when I feel down. I write when I feel happy. I write when I feel like I want to. Writing is my hobby and one of my first loves in life. Even before music. It feels good to write. No need to think of a common topic to talk about with someone. Just me. Writing to myself.

I don't know who actually reads this blog. But who cares? I don't. This blog chronicles my life. From that person I was to who I am today. It's all in here. No matter how embarrassing it is, it's out here for the world to see. It's their choice whether or not they want to read it. I like writing.

Signing off with a flourish,
YiJIUN

No comments: