Friday 25 October 2013

Week 5: Of Bugs And Talking

You know, those who went to UK and came back all said that they didn't see bugs around. Me? A fly invades my room the first day I move into it. In the following weeks, at least 10 bugs have died in my room because they couldn't get out, including a wasp. Sometimes, I actually feel bad for the bugs. I should stop opening my window. But it gets so stuffy at times.

The weather has been very fickle lately. But today was great. Sunny but not hot. Feels so nice. I hope this sort of weather lasts.

On another unrelated topic, the way people talk around here is really fun to listen to. Haha. You get the locals speaking in British accents with variations (Irish anyone?). Then there are the HK people who speak English like the locals. All of them. It's so weird. Then you have the Malaysians, Singaporeans and Europeans who have their typical accents. It's fun playing around. Like the locals here say "Cheers" as an informal "thank you". And I like to use it sometimes. When I first arrived, I didn't even know why they were saying it until one day, I just woke up and realised that it was their way of thanking people.

I wonder how people back home will react if I just started talking in a British accent when I go home next year. It'd be fun.

Actually enjoying myself better than I thought I would.

Signing off,
YiJiun

No comments: