Thursday 31 October 2013

Week 6: Winter is Coming

It's currently late autumn here in the UK. It has been raining a lot and the temperature is dropping. I can't just go out with just a hoodie on top of what I wear now. This year's winter is supposed to be even worse than last year's. I just hope that I am prepared enough.

There is a strike going on today. So all my lectures save one are cancelled. So I am pretty much free today. That is why I'm writing this. I'm trying to update this blog every week. Just as a record of my time here in the UK. I want to be able to relive my life through this blog. That would be cool.

I have been so busy this week. I'm a keyboardist for a band and we performed at a jam night on Monday. Then on the following day, I performed at the Dirty Duck (on-campus pub) with the Glee club. I did a group number and also a solo. I was quite happy with the solo one because I got to perform my own song. The response was quite good, considering it's the first time I performed an original song in public. Although, I should try not to write such dark songs. I don't think people noticed though. Haha.

Till now, I'm still not quite used to how the locals here greet people. They go "You alright?" or "You okay?" or "How are you?" The last one is quite normal. But I still get caught off guard with the first 2. Most of the time I just smile at them unless I remember to open my mouth. I'm actually guilty of adopting their way of saying thanks. It's actually quite fun to say it to the locals.

This post is just a bunch of random stuff thrown together. There isn't even a flow between paragraphs. But I don't freaking care. Byeeeeee.

No comments: