Friday 31 January 2014

Week 19: CNY!!!

After a series of late posts, I guess it's time for an early post and also to avoid something spoiling the good mood I am in now.

I just came back from Chinese New Year's Eve dinner with 2 really awesome people. Everything was basically organised yesterday and it turned out really good. What I learnt today is that the most important thing during special days is the people.

Just a few days ago, I thought that I would be spending Chinese New Year's Eve alone and trust me, I wasn't too happy about it. But then, if people don't want to spend time with me, who am I to impose myself on them? So I managed to get together with a couple of friends who I haven't seen and talked to in a while. The end result was a great night with good food and better company (also special thanks to lychee juice which replaced the longan dessert).

Every day is what you make it to be. Today was great. Better than I ever thought it would be. A night without alcohol and partying. Just food and people. Mainly the people.

Happy Chinese New Year everybody! No matter how great or badly you've treated me, I wish you a good year ahead of you. Chinese New Year just isn't the same here as back home but with the right company, you can make it feel just like home.

Cheers,
YiJiun

No comments: