Monday 10 March 2014

Week 24: BOTB Semis and MNight

The 2 main events of the week.

BOTB Semi-Finals: There were aspects of it which were certainly disappointing. First, a guitar pedal went MIA. I was trying to find it halfway through the intro of a song but to no avail. Then, I turned to the keyboard and realised that it had no power. We had to stop the song and solve the problems which were thankfully solvable. We went on to kill the 8 minute song. Ah, that reminds me. We didn't realise that the song was 8 minutes long till a few hours before the event. So, we were trying to come up with various solutions. In the end, we decided to forego our opening song for a killer ending. Unfortunately, we clearly didn't impress one of the judges because he gave us only 11 out of 25 marks. It didn't help that apparently the levels were wrong and we clearly couldn't hear it on stage because the monitors were really loud. But, all in all, it was a great experience playing BOTB. We already exceeded expectations by reaching the semi-finals.

MNight: Weeks of sacrificing my social life for dikir barat finally came to an end yesterday. I woke up with a fever and a sore throat. Bad news considering that I had to perform and also sing. But I manage to pull through and gave the performance my all. I made a few mistakes which, thank god, weren't that noticeable. I watched the video and it was a really good performance. The whole dikir team really came a long way. The musical was also amazing. Really good acting with amazing singing by the lead actress.

Now, it's back to work. I have a test tomorrow and another one 2 days later. I am far from being prepared for them. It doesn't help that the group project is due on Thursday. Got to be super productive now that I have no more distractions.

Signing off,
YiJiun

No comments: