Monday 24 March 2014

Week 26: ONEREPUBLIC!!!!!

This week has been a pretty good start to the Easter holidays.

I played badminton on Monday with a few Malaysians who are still sticking around on campus. After that, I had lunch with Joseph and Nicole (future housemates!!) and hung out with them for a while. We were supposed to go to Stratford-upon-Avon but we postponed it.

Tuesday was OneRepublic day!! I pretty much wasted the morning in anticipation of the concert. Left for Birmingham around 3pm and reached there around 4pm. Walked around Bullring drinking a smoothie and eating pretzels. Went straight to the O2 Academy at 6pm and waited in line. the concert was really good. I loved it so much. Mikky Ekko opened for OneRepublic and he was amazing. That voice! Then OneRepublic came on. I really have no words to describe how awesome it was to be at that concert. It was a dream come true. Yes, there were a few moments which felt a bit underwhelming, like when they opted to do the remixed version of "If I Lose Myself" and omitted the bridge but all in all, a brilliant night. And I got a OneRepublic T-Shirt!

Went to Stratford-upon-Avon on Wednesday. Shakespeare's birthplace. We reached the place quite late so we only had time to visit Shakespeare's house but it was pretty fun. It was a really nice place. Something like Leamington Spa but more oldie timey. I'm coming to like all these English rural places.

Brought Jane to the hospital on Thursday. She fractured her hand when she fell down before the OneRepublic concert. Totally sucks. She was supposed to go to Germany but couldn't. I cooked lunch for her and she liked it. Hope she gets well soon.

Friday, Saturday and today were pretty dull since a lot of my friends are gone for a week or two. It was still rather enjoyable considering that I haven't had the chance to just chill on my own for quite a while. The last few weeks of term were so hectic. It's nice to have some down time.

YiJiun

No comments: