Monday 30 December 2013

Week 14: LATE!!

1. Sorry for the late post. I am writing this on the Monday of Week 15. I only remembered that I haven't updated this blog when I was just about to fall asleep last night. So, here it is.

2. I spent most of the past week in London. (LONDON!!!) Met up with my cousin and a few high school friends. I arrived on Monday just before noon. I was actually supposed to be the last one to arrive on that morning but someone decided to walk all the way from his bus station to my cousin's place, got lost and took 2 hours. So, I wasn't the last to arrive. Anyway, Monday was a terrible day in terms of weather. It was windy and rainy. AND, the wind was so strong that day. The rubbish bins along the roads were filled with broken umbrellas, courtesy of Mr Wind that day.

The highlight of going to London was Boxing Day. For once, I became a shopping enthusiast. I bought a turtleneck shirt thingy, a scarf, a sweater, a pair of pants (from ZARA!), a bag and almost got a Bershka jacket (Why weren't there any smaller sizes?????). Well, there goes my shopping budget for the rest of the year. I also got a care package sent from home (lap cheong!!). I have another care package sitting with my friend in Warwick (yay!).

3. On the way back from London, my train got delayed because of "crew arriving late". When the train was finally ready for boarding, there were tons of people running towards the platform because the previous train for that destination was cancelled. Anyway, I managed to get a seat and fell asleep nearly right away. When I woke up, the train was on its way. Then, the train just stopped at a station and stopped moving. Apparently, another train hit something near the station we were at and all trains were stopped to allow investigation to be carried out. In the end, it was found out that it was a deer which was hit (Poor deer.). That resulted in me only arriving in Coventry 40 minutes past midnight. More than 2 hours late. Sigh. Had to take a cab back to campus.

Signing off,
YiJiun

No comments: